Dean's Mediterranean Imports // June 21st // Pride Night
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 2 red bell peppers chopped
- 2 yellow bell peppers chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 small cucumber, seeded, striped and chopped
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- small head purple cabbage shredded
- 8 slices of Halloumi cheese cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 3 Tablespoons of shelled pistachios
- pinch of salt
- Lucero Peach Balsamic Vinegar
- Saifan Olive Oil
- On a plate layer the spinach at the bottom and arrange all other veg in rainbow fashion (ROYGBIV!)
- To make the balsamic reduction, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil over high heat and then power the heat to low and allow it to bubble for 5-8 minutes until it has reduced to almost 2 Tablespoons of balsamic syrup (the syrup will thicken as it cools). Let it cool for a few minutes before using.
- To grill the cheese, preheat a grill pan on the stove over medium high heat and place the cheese slices one at a time on the pan. Let the cheese grill for 2 minutes before flipping to the other side and grill for 2 more minutes.
- Place the grilled cheese over the sides of the salad plate and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of the salad. Then drizzle with the 2 Tablespoons of cooled balsamic reduction (more or less to taste). Serve with toasted baguette slices if desired.